Love of Student Union and Ife-Olukotun - Eni-Ire


About Eni-ire in brief.

Mr. Sheidu Muhammad Jamiu Eni-ire, The Former Ife-Olukotun SUG Kogi State Chapter, A Mobile Software Developer, The Founder of S.O Spelling Bee, on the 10th June, 2022 declared his love for his community Ife-Olukotun as  immeasurable.

In his statement during the response to Nobigdeal online interview said  "The love I Have For My  hometown is immeasurable because I see it as one of my priority as a true son of the soil".

I love Ife-Olukotun with great passion. I don't only pray for good development of my community, I also work towards the development in my own little way even till now. This love can be felt mostly by the young generations. I won't like to mention what I've done and what I have in existence for the love of my community.

Sheidu Muhammad Jamiu Eni-Ire graduated from Kogi State Polytechnic in the department of computer science 2019.

Eni-Ire is a  painter and an educator also social person who love to fight for human freedom and positive development. He enjoy reading  about AI, tech, and leadership text.

Eni-Ire the painter

Eni-Ire's Achievement and Contributions to the Student Union.

Actually being the president of Ife-Olukotun Students' Union at the institution level wasn't something easy despite been a focused, solution-oriented, and ambitious leader. For me, my experience has been about development in all areas, academically, socially and on a personal level, and the Students’ Union has played a pivotal role in all of this. Then, I had the opportunity to give back and help students through my role. I equally experienced huge resistance from executives and members but God was faithful to me.

Being President has been a ridiculous, incredible, rewarding, phenomenal experience where I got to represent the views of students and undertake projects to make positive changes to student life at the polytechnic. It would be impossible without my workaholic executives. To summarize all I have worked on, I will share only my top 4 achievements from my time in the role.

1. *Construction of bench for comfortability:* This happened to be one of our challenges even before I became the president. Many students who had love to attend meeting find it difficult to come because there was no enough seats. Immediately I came in as the president I took it up as part of my projects and glory be to God I was able to achieve that along with my executives.

2. *Students Annual due receipt:* This receipt happens to have finished some years back. I noticed many students failed to pay their annual due owing to this reason of not getting their receipt. I was able to produce some packs of the receipt.

3. *Annual students orientation:* I was able to organize my people for this program where the new students learnt how to calculate their GPA, CGPA, demerit of examination malpractices and many more.

4. *Election Mobilization:* With the help of some of our dignitaries which I won't want to mention their names, I was able to conveyed my people home to and fro to participate in the general election that year. It was God that supported my administration with experienced executives.

 Ife-Olukotun was also described historically by Eni-ire.

He said Ife-Olukotun is made up of three divisions viz Otun, Ohi and Ona, Each division has several communities or wards as its components. There were sixteen scattered communities, and each of these communities was said to be as large as the present day Ife-Olukotun. This account was given in 1978 by the late Yeye Raiyenomo Aghunni, one of the daughters of Olukotun Botaru. She was reputed to be the oldest person in Ife-Olukotun, She claimed to be over 100 years at that time. 

The Princess listed the component communities as follows: - 

*Otun*

1. Epo

2. Ere

3. Ero

4. Ogbo

5. Ilero/Okeaga

6. Okefe


*Ohi*

1. Abudo

2. Aaye

3. Etie

4. Euta

5. Ijugbe

6. Ogago

*Ona*

1. Igboowa

2. Ilaga

3. Ilotin

4. Iyahin

By her account the devastating Ibadan and Nupe/Fulani raids between 1830 and 1897 drastically reduced the population of Ife-Olukotun. She also claimed to have witnessed some of the raids

Eni-ire furthermore, Ife-Olukotun people are great minded people who love to do things the normal way it should be done. 

Using Ife-Olukotun students' union government as a case study, my experience with my people as an executive of our great union for over 4years torchlight my knowledge about the love my people have for human race.

The list below shows the Olukotuns that have reigned from inception as the paramount ruler in order of succession according to history.

1. OLUKOTUN ASEJA FROM OGBO

2. OLUKOTUN OKIKI FROM OGBO

3. OLUKOTUN OBUTAGBA FROM OGBO

4. OLUKOTUN ATABANU FROM EPO

5. OLUKOTUN BOTARU FROM ERE

6. OLUKOTUN ADEGBA FROM OGBO

7. OLUKOTUN AJIBOLA ASEJOGBA I, FROM ERE (1880s TO 1928)

8. OLUKOTUN OLUMJA ASO FROM ERE (1929 - 1945)

9. OLUKOTUN USMAN ATOBATELE II FROM OGBO (1946 - 1980)

10. OLUKOTUN ABDULSALAMI AJIBOLA ASEJOGBA II FROM ERE (1981 - 1997)

11. OLUKOTUN S.A MUHAMMAD, FROM OGBO, who ascended the throne in 2003 till date.

I've done my research to know more about my hometown since I was at the age of 12 but glory be to God at 17 I came across this document which serve as the source of my knowledge about Ife-Olukotun.

*God bless the author*

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form