POPOOLA I.O.S.U.G POLITICAL VISION WITH AMA.

 


Popoola Comfort a native of Ife-olukotun from Ijemu compound, currently studying Library and Information Science at Federal polytechnic Idah, declared her ambition on 20th November, 2022.

The program was host online by Mahmoud Jamiu and Salau Raheem on WhatsApp Ask me Anything (AMA) group chat.

Popoola made us known the reason, important and how she tackles some critical  problems in finance.

She said " I have no hidden agenda or plan contesting for Treasurer, so there is nothing like personal benefits from my side."

She said having experience in managing finance as  a treasurer for a charity event had made her to have a clear insight of budgeting and money handling.

She promised that If emerge as I.O.S.U.G Treasurer, all best shall be  put in place to make sure that the union fund is been manage properly and best in term of accountability and transparency. 

She added, "I shall make sure that details of union expenditure and income have a clear evidence."


When asked. Why was the position  aspiring for was created? 

The following reason was listed by the Aspirant:

1. They need treasurer to keep account of all income and expenditure and making it available to the auditory committee on demand.

2. They need treasurer to collect all money from the financial secretary and sign the  latter’s account book as evidence of receipt.

3. For the disbursement of fund for approval.

She responded to a question of solving her personal problem without using  union found. 


"In the first place, the union money can't even be with me, it must be in the bank which make it impossible for me to even think of such and even if it happen to be with me, I can't spent the money meant for the union on my personal crisis. "

"Truly crisis arises from time to time in final year but there are other ways to sort myself. My family are there always for me and I give thanks to God for that."

"As a student, In your final year (ND2) you run into financial crisis in school, you know projects, Tuition fee, seminars, feeding, handouts among other expenses will come up. Fortunately you are our Treasurer (smile), you have access to the organization funds, how will you use the organization funds to make up for your financial crisis without showing any lapses?"

You and the financial secretary were accused of fund mismanagement,  how will you react to such scenario?

"My reaction will be for the executive or the accuser to provide evidence for his/her claim because it must be a wrong accusation. I'm not contesting for personal benefits so such can't happen from my own side."


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form