WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT SIMEON.

 

Mr. Gideon Adeniyi Simeon of Ijemu compound, Ife-Olukotun Yagba-East Kogi State, describes politics as a game of number and people. He stated this during interview with Nobigdeal online platform through whatsapp messenger on 20th May, 2022.

Simeon had his both Primary and Secondary educational Background in his community Ife-Olukotun before proceeding to Kogi State polytechnic Lokoja for his National and Higher National Diploma.

Simeon furthermore, my passion for reading brought the idea of coming up with my own novel, I wrote one in 2012 while about rounding up my ND program, titled "My character, My Destiny" but was not able to publish it due to financial incapability not until I met with His Royal Highness Alhaji Isaq Ajibola who accepted to take the financial burden and the novel was published and launched in the year 2020.

Due to the unemployment Mr. Simeon ventures into a Mini block production which he started with sum of N10, 000 which has grown beyond his expectation, also as Politician and as a book writer he said.

He started his political career while he was in tertiary institution when he participated in student unionism and was made the student’s union president of the Association of Yagba East (2015), Kogi Polytechnic chapter and also played active part in the emergency of the 2016 SUG president.

He further more  “My participation in active politics did not just start today, I dabble into politics right from the era of late Hon. Adeleye Michael the former Kogi State Commissioner for Commerce and Tourism who was made the Chairman of AC, I developed serious interest in the man because of the way he played his politics, he sees everyone as brother irrespective of his or her political affiliation, he always make his interest known which is getting dividend of democracy for his people and that is why till date none have been able to beat his political record in our community”.

Simeon said 2020 he contested for councillorship under the platform of PDP, which was not later conducted by Kogi state government of Yahaya Bello.

He Said his last contest was a response to the call of the people especially visionary youths who realize the need to get the best representative in the council, I was so committed to serve and deliver dividend of democracy to as many as I can with the resources at my disposal, because the greatest lesson I learnt from my late political tutor Michael Adeleye is, the people first.

“My current interest in politics is to developed myself politically and encourage other youths to be political partisan.”

“My manifesto was all about things that will develop my ward and her residuals and I stated very clearly on how to achieve that.”

“Lastly I realized the need to motivate other young people to politics and put away the fear that should have arisen if any have the zeal and all it takes to contest election at various levels. I think this I was able to achieve as many now picked courage to fully join active politics and I can bet it that the next council election, youths of less than 35 years will dominate the contest across the political parties.”

How many wards in your community and how do how plan wining the two wards?

“We have two wards in my community, which is Ife1 and Ife2. I planned winning the election by getting in touch with the people since politics is all about people, and game of number.”

What support was given during the last contest?

Despite the mobilization of people with zero financial support giving to anyone they troop out in their numbers to give the needed support, that I think they demonstrated it on the day the election was to take place mean while the election materials was not brought. The polling units already was filled with crowd very early in the morning of the day the election was to take place, upon receiving the news that APC government of Yahaya Bello will not bring materials for the election there by leading to disfranchisement of the people, the crowd felicitated with me as we embark on a walk round the whole Ward, even many cried. So the support I got was so overwhelming.

What support do you have in mind for student union?

Yes Students welfares and encouragement is part of my programs, I have in plan to be making available a bag of rice for our students in Kogi poly, Ayingba, Ida, and Okene during examination time to enable them prepare well, also giving of writing materials to primary Schools. Encouraging students of secondary school by giving prize to best performing students, and payment of Jamb for as many I can.

What your plan towards the coming general election?

My plan towards the next election is to further more enlighten our people to vote for right candidates and shun money politics.

If you are call again will you answer?

If my people make the call again I will hearken to it. If they realize the need for me to be sent then I will say yes.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form